When it comes to running a successful business, location matters. Clean technology entrepreneurs need to be able to test emerging technologies, have easy access to a diverse customer base and work within a supportive regulatory environment. Working with PortTech Los Angeles offers all of these advantages and then some.
PortTechLA's office is in San Pedro, a Los Angeles community situated adjacent to the Los Angeles and Long Beach Port complex. The offices for many Port of Los Angeles clients are literally right down the street and there are many opportunities to connect with port representatives at our PortTechForums, workshops and other local business networking events.
Success is about being in the right place at the right time. Here are a few more reasons why San Pedro is the right place for clean technology businesses:
- The Los Angeles and Long Beach port complex is home to hundreds of port tenant companies able to test and ultimately invest in emerging clean technologies.
- The State of California and City of Los Angeles enacted strict environmental policies, which require companies to invest in clean technologies that reduce air, water and land pollution.
- Expansion and redevelopment projects are constantly taking place at the ports that require new technologies to comply with environmental and security regulations.
- The City of Los Angeles is the entertainment, manufacturing and international trade capital of the country offering a deep pool of skilled, creative and innovative talent from which to draw when growing a company.
- And you can’t beat the weather!