Every startup faces two challenges: raising money and making it last as long as possible. But clean technology startups must also overcome a third financial hurdle...a well-documented lack of venture capital funding.
PortTech addresses these challenges head-on by:
- Coaching entrepreneurs on fundraising fundamentals including honing the perfect pitch and developing a formal funding presentation;
- Helping companies apply for government-funded technology development and commercialization programs including SBIR and California Energy Commission grants;
- Connecting entrepreneurs with demonstration and pilot project opportunities that lead to initial revenue generation and product validation;
- Mentoring entrepreneurs on developing business-growth strategies that compensate for scarce venture capital funding;
- Working with entrepreneurs to build their companies' value through successful market transition and revenue generation, which better positions them to obtain additional funding and accelerate growth.