- Stan Tomsic
- As serial entrepreneur, Stan Tomsic's experience in the technology and green/clean tech industries spans over 25 years. He was founder and co-founder of several companies where he held management, executive and CEO positions. Stan was the administrator of the Business Technology Center of Los Angeles County, an accelerator incubator for high technology entrepreneurial companies. He is a partner of ACODA Technology & Investments, LLC, a firm specializing in strategic assistance, business consulting, investments and mergers and acquisitions for technology and services companies. Stan is also a Pasadena Angel, serves as a member of the board of directors and advisors for several technology companies, and is a member of numerous professional organizations. He is chairman emeritus of the Executive Committee of the Caltech/MIT Enterprise Forum, co-founder and chairman of the Business Incubation Network of Southern California (BINS) and co-chair of LA Metro for Cleantech Open. Stan frequently presents and speaks on entrepreneurship, incubation and high tech start-ups.
- Prior to becoming Executive Director, Stan served on PortTech's Board of Directors and was the Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
- John Dmohowski
Director of Client Services
- John Dmohowski is a serial entrepreneur, early stage executive, leader, designer, developer and start-up guru in technology-based businesses. He has over 20+ years of founding, developing and managing technology based enterprises. His expertise in founding and consulting extends from concept through fundraising to launch for a dozen start-up organizations and advisor to dozens of start-ups and emerging growth companies. Through these companies, he has raised $40M+ in institutional investment and participated in two liquidity events. He currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA). Among his many associations, John co-chairs the LAVA Mobile special interest group.
- Ann Lee Carpenter
Director of Marketing
- Ann Lee Carpenter brings a blend of experiences from both the corporate world and as an entrepreneur. Her graphic design and marketing consulting business, S’Pacific Image, focuses in market segments including SME B2B, non-profit organizations, schools and universities. As Director of Strategic Planning at Lockheed Corporation’s Information Systems Group, Ann advised numerous IT businesses. As marketing consultant to PortTechLA, Ann is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the PortTechLA brand. She also advises incubator clients as they develop and implement their marketing strategies.
- Laura Duarte
- Laura Duarte manages the PortTechLA office, coordinates events, oversees PortTechLA's internship program and keeps things running smoothly. Prior to working with PortTechLA, Laura served as the Membership Services and Community Outreach liaison at the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce. Her primary responsibilities were managing memberships and providing economic development assistance to businesses in need before they downsized or closed due to the financial crisis of 2008. She was promoted five times within her six years of employment at the Chamber. Laura is currently attending Marymount California University to pursue her BA in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in psychology and business.
- Patrick Eberlein
- Patrick Eberlein is our most recent addition to the PortTech staff and brings a varied background and experience with him. Patrick is a US Army Veteran who has since worked with the insurance industry investigating accidents and providing insight and training for security and safety for local taxi and transportation companies and their drivers. After a downsizing in 2008 Patrick moved on to work as an Independent Sales Representative with Verizon Wireless and FiOS services, and as a Sales Representative for DirecTV for commercial and individual accounts. Patrick enjoys working with people and is a long time resident of the San Pedro Community. Patrick is a volunteer with the Boy Scouts of America and works closely with local Cub Scouts mentoring Leaders and Scouts alike. Patrick has a BA in Liberal Arts from CSUDH and is currently working towards a Masters in Education. We look forward to Patrick working with our Student Outreach Program while he assists in our day-to-day office routine.
- Carolyn Kraft
- Carolyn Kraft is a writer, content developer, social media editor and blogger. She brings to PortTechLA more than 13 years of experience in strategic communications, public relations, public affairs and community relations. Carolyn has worked with Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and non-profits in Los Angeles developing and managing their public relations campaigns and community outreach programs, incorporating strategic message development to educate and mobilize community, business and government stakeholders. As PortTechLA’s communications consultant, Carolyn is responsible for developing website content, managing social media accounts, and writing press releases, grants and other collateral materials.
- Jessenia Galvan-Lloyd
- Jessenia Galvan-Lloyd is a videographer, photographer and full-time student at Los Angeles Harbor College. She films events, edits videos, provides graphic art support, coaches entrepreneurs on their presentation techniques and assists with developing marketing materials. She started a film program at Point Fermin Elementary School and volunteers as an advisor for middle school students in the Model United Nations program. Jessenia was nominated twice in the LA Student Film Festival and plans on attending film school in 2014.